The best time to build a deck is when you are building your new home. Builders in Albany NY know that it’s one of the most popular additions and they can design, build, and maintain decks with ease. But what if you’re not building a new home? Here are some key points to consider before adding a deck: size, materials, location, cost per square foot for different types of materials.
The size of your deck build is important. You want to make sure that it’s not too large or too small. A deck that’s too small will be cramped and uncomfortable, while a deck that’s too large can be expensive and difficult to maintain.
- Try to find the Goldilocks zone – not too big, not too small, just right.
The location of your deck is also important. You want to make sure that it’s in a sunny spot and has easy access to your house. If you have a lot of trees nearby, you may want to consider adding a screened-in porch instead of a deck.
- Make sure the sun hits it for most of the day.
- Build a screened porch if trees are blocking sunlight.
Decks come in a variety of materials, from wood to composite and more. Cost varies depending on the material used so do your research before committing to one or another. Some questions you should ask yourself when choosing deck materials include: How much sun does the deck get? How much will I use the deck? What’s my budget?
- Composite materials are becoming more popular.
- Wood decks are the most affordable option.
- Consider your climate when choosing a material.
The cost of adding a deck varies depending on size, location, and materials used. But for an average size deck, you can expect to pay around $20-$30 per square foot.
- Build a basic deck structure and use composite materials for the flooring.
- Build the frame of your home’s exterior with wood boards and add furniture and lighting later on.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Be sure to consult with a professional before starting your deck project. Building a deck is one of the best investments you can make for your home. Not only will it increase the value of your home, but it will also provide a place for you and your family to relax and enjoy the outdoors. So before you start your project, be sure to consider these key points. For more information on decks and fencing in Albany NY, contact Albany Deck and Fence today! We can help you get started on your new deck and provide a quote for materials and labor.